Its not just me! (Four Weddings... Edition)



I remember the moment when the above happened, the sheer awfulness of the WTF moment.
I remember convincing myself that perfection requires a flaw, that Andie MacDowell's horribleness made everybody else sparkle so much brighter, and so on.

Well, it turns out that it wasn't just me - that others feel the same.  Russell Sanders --
You see, midway through the movie we learn that another member of the British foursome is herself in love with Hugh Grant’s character. ...  That character is played by Kristen Scott Thomas, an actress who is not only astoundingly gorgeous but also has more charisma in her elegantly manicured little finger than Andie MacDowell has from stem to stern.  And we are meant to watch with sympathetic interest as Mr. Grant chooses the latter instead.
Which is absolutely true.  I mean - Kristen Scott Thomas vs Andie MacDowell? Andie MacDowell?
GAH!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erlang, Binaries, and Garbage Collection (Sigh)

Cannonball Tree!

Visualizing Prime Numbers