Real Pirate Attacks - Visualized

In honor of TLAPD, we have this visualization of all pirate attacks since 1978.
I'll let hrbrmstr explain it
Avast me hearRties! (ok, enough of the pirate speak in a blog post)
It wouldn’t be TLAPD without out some modest code & idea pilfering fromMark Bulling & Simon Raper. While those mateys did a fine job hoisting up some R code (your really didn’t think I’d stop with the pirate speak, did you?) for their example, I took it one step furrrrther to build an animation of cumulative, yearly IRL pirate attacks from 1978 to the present. I found it a bit interesting to see how the hotspots shifted over time. Click on the graphic for the largeR version or I’ll make ye walk the plank!!.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erlang, Binaries, and Garbage Collection (Sigh)

Cannonball Tree!

Visualizing Prime Numbers