Tyson Gay tests positive for banned substance - we're all *shocked*

Tyson Gay (who recently ran the 2nd fastest 100 ever)  has - apparently - just tested positive for a banned substance, and is pulling out of the World Championships next month.  Per an AP story
Gay wouldn't reveal the substance in a phone conversation from Amsterdam on Sunday, but he said he was notified by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency late last week that a sample came back positive from a May 16 out-of-competition test. He said he will have his "B" sample tested soon, possibly as early as this week.
"I don't have a sabotage story. I don't have any lies. I don't have anything to say to make this seem like it was a mistake or it was on USADA's hands, someone playing games," said Gay, who fought back sobs as he spoke. "I don't have any of those stories. I basically put my trust in someone and I was let down."
"I basically put my trust in someone and I was let down"
Seriously?
I mean, it is entirely possible that someone that he trusted said to himself (or herself) "Hmmm.  I should give Tyson these new designer 'roids without him knowing!".
Then again, maybe he means "I trusted the designer of these fancy new 'roids that they were undetectable!"
Either way, its pretty damn tragic (Tragic, of course, if you actually believe them all to be clean in the first place.)
Remember, this is the same dude on USADA's "My Victory" program
A few years ago, Gay was part of USADA's program called "My Victory," where athletes pledge to compete clean. In his testimonial on the website, Gay said, "I compete clean because I really believe in fairness, and besides that, my mom would kill me! Just being honest."
Seriously, we're pretty much at the point where the cartoon below is - basically - matter-of-fact...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erlang, Binaries, and Garbage Collection (Sigh)

Cannonball Tree!

Visualizing Prime Numbers