Tilera - Less is More?

Hmmm.
While I was away, Tilera seems to have expanded from their 64 core start to a whole plethora of CPUs.  There are 9, 16, and 36 CPU models - I suppose to support people who actually want fewer cores in their servers.
Mind you, that could make sense from a power perspective - if you don't need the capacity, why burn up juice?
Then again, if you're running things at a scale where you actually worry about power consumption, I'd probably guess that you want the cores.
Anyhow, they're out there, for those who want 'em.
That said, I wonder what happened to the 100 core model.  Its referenced all over the place on their product pages, but I don't see any product literature...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erlang, Binaries, and Garbage Collection (Sigh)

Cannonball Tree!

Visualizing Prime Numbers