Creationism - FTW!

Doonesbury w/ a riff on the idiocy associated w/ Creationism.
Which brings to mind Billy Nye's (the Science Guy) take on all this
"I say to the grownups, 'If you want to deny evolution and live in your world that's completely inconsistent with everything we've observed in the universe that's fine. But don't make your kids do it."
[...]"We need them. We need scientifically literate voters and taxpayers for the future."
Because, seriously, if you insist on raising your kids to be morons, Who is going to take care of you when you get old?

P.S. : Saying "I don't care, I'll be safe due to the Rapture" is not a reasonable response.  Go aways.
P.P.S. : Saying "I don't need anyone, I can take care of myself when I'm 93" is even less of a response...


Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry, but Nye's appeal is ludicrous. If you really believe something, you're going to teach it to your children. He's assuming that creationists are ashamed of their beliefs, realize they're a problem, but just can't quit believing in them for some reason - but beliefs aren't like smoking.

Popular posts from this blog

Cannonball Tree!

Erlang, Binaries, and Garbage Collection (Sigh)

Visualizing Prime Numbers