Les Misérables - The movie (please, *please* be good...)

Les Misérables was the first Major Musical that I ever saw, and it made an indelible impression on me.  I must have seen it at least half-a-dozen times in the U.S. since '89 when I saw it at the Auditorium Theater in Chicago (shout out to Printer's Row, the pre-theater restaurant that I had been to many a time), I've seen it in London, and even at the Paper-Mill playhouse (NJ) in an awesome off-broadway production.

And the soundtrack! Brilliance - I must  have listened to it - oh - an infinity of times.  Slightly obsessive about it? Quite possibly, but the music is sheer genius, and I still get chills down my spine when I hear the opening chords. On my own, Do you hear the people sing, I dreamed a dream, One day more, and on, and on, every song is brilliant.

So why this sudden burst of nostalgia for Les Mis?
'cos the Trailer for the latest movie version is out, and it looks staggering, quite probably one of the first movies in a long time that I'm actually interested in.  Ye gods, I cant' wait...

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erlang, Binaries, and Garbage Collection (Sigh)

Cannonball Tree!

Visualizing Prime Numbers