First Class on American Airlines (Sigh...)

First class on AA is a lot better than their cattle-car service.
A *lot* better.
Oodles better.

But then again, having a pre-frontal lobotomy without anesthesia is better than flying cattle-car nowadays.

All that said, AA First is not really all that good in absolute terms.
Its a lie-flat bed, and they "make the bed for you", which sounds a lot cooler than it is - they basically put a wee mattress on the lie-flat seat.  The "lie-flat" seat is, admittedly, a lot better than the one in Business, but that is only because AA has the patented "lie flat in business class, but by flat, what we mean is lie kind of flat in two possible positions, neither of which is actually comfortable.  Or flat" seats.

And the food.
Oh my.
The "food".
Its not bad, really, but in the end its exactly the same damn food that they serve in Business, except that they bring it 'a-la-carte' (yes there are quotes around it.  And yes, I put them there on purpose, to express sarcasm.  Deal with it), but its the same damn food!.  Down to the frozen ice-cream desert thingy which you basically hack through to consume because its the best part of the meal, and lord knows it ain't all that good to begin with.

Did I mention the service?
I'm fairly certain I didn't, because I have to tell ya, if I meet one more flight attendant who never smiles with their eyes, I am going to, well, probably do nothing because they are really quite put upon, but thats not my problem y'know?  I mean, their life might suck, but they do get to travel, and the wait-staff at our favorite restaurant probably gets paid just about as much and they are friendly and nice, and, well, you get the point.
Actually, I wonder if it is an AA thing.  I have a bunch of very close friends who are United flight-attendants, and they are truly Nice people.
And that, possibly, is why I don't fly United.  I just don't want to know...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erlang, Binaries, and Garbage Collection (Sigh)

Cannonball Tree!

Visualizing Prime Numbers