Paris Tech Review on BigData
Paris Tech Review is running a fairly long (and somewhat content free) history and survey of BigData, from the growth of metadata, through NoSQL, analytics, and Business Intelligence. Its a good summary if you haven't seen any of this before, otherwise don't bother.
That said, the one relevant line follows
(and sorry for the image from one of the worser John Cusack movies...)
That said, the one relevant line follows
We no longer witness the confrontation of theory and reality but an entirely new process: the pattern, if there is one, emerges from bottom-up processes of handling data through statistics.I'm not too sure that I'm willing to give up on the deductive process quite yet, but I will throw my hat in the ring for the value of serendepity, and unexpected discoveries.
(and sorry for the image from one of the worser John Cusack movies...)

Comments