I miss fruits

No, this isn't one of those I miss all the wacky fruits that one gets in Bangalore/Kanpur/All-Over-India posts.  Though, mind you, I do miss them - Jackfruit, Custard-Apples, Ramphal, Sitaphal, Sapote, Jamun, 72-Types-Of-Mangoes-And-Counting - the list goes on.  Half of these can't even be found on these-here shores.

I actually just miss fruits that taste like fruits.  Not like the output of a Universal Cellulosic Composite Fruit Fabricator.  Its particularly bad when you realize that the average Pear tastes exactly like the average Nectarine, which tastes almost like the average Apple (not a red one.  Those are mealy!) which tastes almost like a Plum (just slightly less astringent), and so on, and so forth.  
Breeding fruits for shipping as compared to taste has gotten out of hand.  Waaay out of hand.  Heck, breeding them for looks has gotten so out of hand that I've pretty much decided that anything that looks tasty is almost certainly going to actually be the result of the UCCFF.

Hmmm.  Maybe there is a rule here?  
Ugly Fruits Taste Good?
Then again, there *is* something called the Ugly Fruit, and it *does* taste good, so who knows....

Comments

gmadkat said…
I had not thought of that, but it makes sense to me :)

Gowri

Popular posts from this blog

Erlang, Binaries, and Garbage Collection (Sigh)

Cannonball Tree!

Visualizing Prime Numbers