Mahesh's Sixth Law - If you need to convince yourself, Something Is Wrong

If you suspect that there is something wrong, but then proceed to convince yourself that everything is OK, then there actually *is* something wrong.

Corollary
Its probably *much* worse than Just Wrong.

Corollary 2
If you think its somebody else's problem, its probably not, and it almost certainly is actually yours. 

Hmmm, is that something burning? From the stove area? Where I was just making myself breakfast?

Naah. Probably not. 
I did char the bacon (mmm. bacony goodness) slightly. Probably just that.

I should get up and go take a look.
 Just play safe.

But, but, but, I'm comfy, there is a particulary interesting commercial on TV, and my dog has her head on my feet.

Besides, it probably really is the charred bacon. Yeah, thats it.

But I don't usually char bacon. I'm pretty good at bacon (mmm. bacony goodness).

Nah, theres a first time for everything. And this is my first date with the Char of Bacon.

I guess i'll ignore the burning smell.

0 points if you believe that there was nothing wrong.
2 points if you believe that I did char the bacon,
5 points if you believe that I forgot to turn off the stove, and the frying pan is now a bubbling mass of copper and steel
25 points if you figured out that the dryer had shorted out, and was slowly turning the towels into buckytubes...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erlang, Binaries, and Garbage Collection (Sigh)

Cannonball Tree!

Visualizing Prime Numbers