Aaaargh! Mac People! Aaaargh!

Consider the situation.
You are trying to do something on your macintosh. Doesnt matter what.  Something.  You just can't figure out how to do it, so you ask....


At this point, the road bifurcates.

The road more traveled (i.e., the way the rest of the  world - and clearly, the way any sane person - does it)  :  You get a response saying "Ah, just do blah blah blah..." or "You can't do that. Sorry mate..."

The road traveled by Apple Fanboys (i.e, you want to do something different.  Quel Horreur!) : You get about 38 responses saying "Why do you want to do that?"  "Oh, thats not a smart thing to do!"  "Don't do that!", "Nobody does that!", etc., etc.

What is it with Mac people?  
I *dont* want to use the Search Bar in Safari.  
Really. 
I..Just..Dont..
I want it to work the way Firefox works - type in your query in the URL bar, and google searches it for you.  Is that so difficult to comprehend?  Ye Gods, you would think I'd suggested that one have sexual congress with an Eggplant.
Instead, I get a bajillion replies saying "Firefox does it wrong", "Use the Search bar", etc., etc.
Also, a few saying "Let me know if you get an answer", but mostly just implying that what I want to do is wrong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erlang, Binaries, and Garbage Collection (Sigh)

Cannonball Tree!

Visualizing Prime Numbers