How to cook Polenta
This is more about What One Does With The Base Polenta
In general, any polenta dish roughly breaks down to the following
- Make Polenta
- Top with Something
- Put the polenta in a bowl, or
- Arrange - artistically - on a plate. In a heap, a mountain, a circle, a square, whatever. Or,
- Place on a piece of tin-foil, preferably in a circle/square/whatever, and blast under the broiler for around 10-15 minutes till the top is slightly crispy. You'll need to oil the tin-foil (and drizzle some on top of the polenta too for extra yummy credit!) otherwise it'll never come off
For flavors, you can go in many directions.
- Bitter - (cooked!) kale / spinach / mustard-greens
- Sweet - roasted carrots / parsnips / beets / leeks
- Savory - Any meaty stew (lamb! beef! chicken!)
Finally, temperature (and color contrast) are, easily accomplished by topping the whole thing with some chilled riccotta, mascarpone, mozzarella, or burrata (burrata! Mmmmmmm)
Voila - happy happy polenta!